What is Mysore, anyway?!? If you've wanted to start practice with us, to understand the nature of what Mysore Ashtanga really is, but don't have the time or schedule to do our Intro Course, this workshop is for you! Join AYN teachers Michelle Ryan and Alicia Hunter to discover everything you need to make it easy for you to take any of our Ashtanga classes - either Mysore-style or Led Ashtanga yoga!
In this two hour workshop you will learn:
- The core practices of Ashtanga - breath, internal energy locks and gazing points - and how to apply them to your daily practice
- The foundational surynamaskar/sun salutes, plus standing postures and closing postures - establishing a solid understanding of a the beginning, middle and end of your practice.
- How to align yourself through cultivating awareness of the internal as well as the external forms of the postures
- How the Ashtanga method is a safe, therapeutic method for all levels of practitioners, including those with injuries
- The origins of the Ashtanga practice in the last century and the basic ethical and practice precepts to become a regular yoga practitioner
- Why Ashtanga Yoga can be the yoga you do for the rest of your life - and how fun it is, too!
This workshop will be a mixture of observation, practice, lecture, and Q&A. It is recommended for students of all levels, including those with already established practices and anyone interested in cultivating an Ashtanga practice.
Cost: $40 - click here to purchase